KPD were selected for their extensive experience with large scale hospital and healthcare facilities to manufacture and install hospital furniture throughout the new Northern Beaches Hospital including specialty items such as the mental health suites.
Opening in late 2018, the brand new state-of-the-art Frenchs Forest, NSW hospital provides patient-centred, personalised care including:
- 14 operating theatres, two cardiac catheter labs and four procedural rooms
- A 50-space emergency department with a medical centre (GPs) on site
- Critical care services, including intensive care
- 488 beds with room to expand in the future
- Ambulatory care (outpatient services) conveniently located close to the main entry
- Digital imaging and diagnostic facilities with the building enabled for future technologies
- Maternity, paediatrics, renal and cancer care specialties to name a few
- Medical and surgical services
- Mental health services
- 1,400 car spaces
- Convenient café, retail and customer services.
Northern Beaches Hospital is nine storeys high and includes a helipad for emergency transport.